13 Secrets most Plastic Surgeons won’t tell you
Date: November 13, 2018
You can look ten years younger…without surgery.
Oprah Winfrey once said, “(y)ou get in life what you have the courage to ask for.”
If you’ve believed surgery and/or multiple injections was the only way to a more youthful face, you have been misinformed. Consider all the celebrities who are aging in a fantastic way and without a facelift. Do what they do. Look better, younger, healthier and more vibrant with these simple steps that don’t involve surgery.
1. Achieve Total Body (& Skin) Youthfulness
We’ll tell you about the treatments the stars are undergoing. But they’re not just seeking treatments. They’re including important measures to slow down the total body aging process so as to achieve a total body youthfulness.
A. Nutritional Supplements
We know we should give our body (and skin) the nutrition it needs but it’s hard to meet our daily nutritional requirements. And as we get older, it gets even harder because our bodies do not absorb nutrients as readily from foods as it did when we were younger.
1. Your body needs certain amounts of vitamins and minerals every day.
2. You also need phytonutrients, sometimes referred to as ‘greens;’ however phytonutrients are derived from both vegetables and fruits. According to the National Fruit and Vegetable Nutrition Council, Americans consume slightly less than a combined 2 cups of fruits and vegetables each day, far short of the 5 cup daily requirement.
3. Our collagen production decreases by 1% every year after the age of 20. This means your skin is getting thinner, losing elasticity (i.e. sagging), and becoming more fragile.
It’s probably clear that you need to supplement to provide your body with the nutrients it needs to maintain both health and beauty. Your body cannot function optimally without the proper nutritional foundation. Here’s our recommendations:
- Sculpt Away Nutraceutical Daily Packs™, designed with beauty in mind. This daily supplement includes all the vitamins and minerals plus phytonutrients your body needs to support beauty. These supplements also offer added benefits such as Biotin for hair and nails and Amino Acids for optimum fat burning.
- Gelatin. No need to purchase a collagen supplement. Simply incorporate a daily gelatin in your diet. Gelatin supports the body in producing collagen, plus it has many other benefits for your body.
B. Topical Skin Care Ingredients & Products
It’s easy to become overwhelmed when selecting your skin care products. Out of a multitude of powerful topical skin care anti-aging ingredients available, focus on these three categories to look younger.
1. Vitamin A Derivatives, such as Retinol and Tretinoin (a Retinoid). You may be familiar with the RX Retin-A, a Vitamin A derivative. This class of topical agents are perhaps the most important anti-aging ingredients. They encourage speed cell turnover (i.e. make new healthy cells), smooth the skin and even out discoloration. They even stimulate collagen production when used over time.
2. Hyaluronic Acid. Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally occuring substance in the skin that keeps it hydrated and looking plump and youthful. Unfortunately, our bodies produce less Hyaluronic Acid as we age. When applied to the skin, Hyaluronic Acid deeply hydrates the skin and restores the plumper appearance.
3. Brighteners/Lighteners: Hydroquinone and Kojic Acid. You should incorporate one of these skin brightening agents in your daily routine. Hydroquinone is an organic synthetic compound while Kojic Acid is derived from various fungi. Both compounds fade away age spots and lighten and brighten your skin.
We’re sure you’re on board for adding these products to your skin care regimen but how do you choose a product when the choices are overwhelming? Here’s our recommendations:
- Sculpt Away RA Cream™ (Vitamin A Derivative). Thanks to our physicians, this topical contains a prescription strength Tretinoin. With RA Cream™, you can derive the same high-caliber benefit of Retin-A without requiring a visit to the pharmacy.
- Sculpt Away Pure Hydration™ (Hyaluronic Acid). Pure Hydration™ provides superior long-lasting hydration that reduces the appearance of wrinkles and restores the plump look within 5 days.
- Sculpt Away HQRA+™; Sculpt Away Fade Away™ (Brighteners/Lighteners). Fade Away™ contains 5 botanical brightening agents, including Kojic Acid, that visibly reduces discoloration and brightens the entire face. HQRA+™ contains a dual threat of hydroquinone and tretinoin for maximum lightening, brightening and age reversing.
C. Simple Lifestyle Fixes
When you do like Oprah said, have the courage to ask for what you want in life, you’ve got to be strong enough to take the steps to achieve your desire. Sometimes the easiest adjustments are the hardest. Some of the following ‘fixes’ will require breaking and changing habits. But if you do, you’ll get what you want. You’ll look ten years younger.
1. Incorporate Movement in your life. You don’t have to train for the next marathon. Just start moving. Take regular brisk walks, jump rope, stretch, work in your yard. It’s proven that workouts speed up metabolism, increase cellular rejuvenation and slow down aging.
2. Start a routine of regular Intermittent Fasting. Intermittent Fasting is going without nourishment for a period of time, not to exceed 18 hours, and not to be practiced for consecutive days. Intermittent Fasting cleanses and rejuvenates your cells. It promotes production of new stem cells which replace old cells and keep your body looking and performing younger. This is why many celebrities practice Intermittent Fasting on a regular basis. Learn more about the multiple benefits of Intermittent Fasting and the different Intermittent Fasting plans.
3. According the WebMD, sleep may be the closest thing there is to the fountain of youth. Your body repairs itself during sleep. For example, studies show that only getting 5 hours of sleep a night leads to twice as many wrinkles as getting 7. It’s recommended you get between 7 and 9 hours of sleep every day. Many post-menopausal women have trouble sleeping. If you do, we recommend supplementing with Sculpt Away Slender Sleep™ to assist you in getting adequate, quality sleep.
4. Slow down the aging process with an anti-aging detox. Removing toxins from your body makes all your bodily tissues healthier, improves the health of your skin, makes your hair healthier, and improves blood flow. Even if your diet is healthy, you can benefit from an anti-aging detox. We recommend using Sculpt Away Cleanse Away™ to help in making you look and feel younger.
5. Invest in a quality skin care routine. Don’t skimp on skin care products. Hydrating is essential for aging skin, as is the use of antioxidants and alpha hydroxy acids. Always use a high quality SPF on your face, neck and hands.
**Quick Tip: Losing your Brows?**
Apply Castor Oil to your brows. It stimulates hair growth to create fuller, thicker brows.
Bolder, more defined brows gives the illusion of a younger face.
2. MEDICAL TREATMENTS for Facial Rejuvenation
We must incorporate the steps above, but by the time we reach 40, 50 and beyond, we need additional help in stimulating collagen production, smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, tightening saggy skin and restoring some plumpness to our face. It’s time to pull out the ‘big guns,’ the medical weapons to stop and/or reverse the aging process.
PELLEVÉ Wrinkle Reduction and Tissue Tightening System
The Pelleve treatment is great for facial rejuvenation for all skin types and all ages. A Pelleve treatment may even eliminate the need for Botox or dermal fillers.
You can use Pelleve for the full face or you can choose to focus on specific problems areas like the eyes, the lips, the jowls and the neck.
Pelleve utilizes radiofrequency energy to create new collagen and elastin, creating brand new, young skin cells. The energy damages the existing collagen cells making them recoil and tighten, then repair and regenerate. The same energy restores elasticity to elastin cells.
You’ll see Pelleve’s effects at the surface of the skin immediately as a tighter, plumper, smoother and younger looking face. When you look at your reflection in the mirror, you’ll look more vibrant and refreshed than you have in years!
At the deeper layers of the skin, the Pelleve treatment results in long-term wrinkle minimizing and skin tightening.
Your Pelleve treatment takes between 15 minutes and an hour. Most patients find the treatment comfortable and pampering. Depending on your age and condition, we recommend between 3 and 5 treatments spaced 3 – 4 weeks apart.
There is no downtime.
If you have smile lines, frown lines, laugh lines, and/or forehead lines, you may benefit from Botox. Botox is the brand name for the substance injected into facial muscles to reduce the activity in that muscle that causes your wrinkles. The treatment is done through a series of tiny injections and takes no more than 30 minutes.
Most patients require injections about every 3 – 4 months.
There is no downtime.
A Pelleve treatment may decrease the frequency of the need for Botox or eliminate the need for Botox altogether.
If you’re concerned with scarring in addition to aging, we may recommend Microneedling. Microneedling, also known as Collagen Induction Therapy, improves fine lines, acne scarring and the skin’s overall appearance. During the procedure, tiny needles are used to create micro-injuries to the skin which stimulates collagen and elastin production.
Topical anesthesia is applied prior to treatment. Treatment takes between 15 minutes and one hour.
Expect to see a “road rash” appearance and feel “sun kissed” after your treatment. These should subside gradually over the next 24 – 48 hours.
Depending on your age and condition, we recommend 3 – 5 treatments every 4 weeks.
Courage to Take Action
Oprah said it best. “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” But asking is not the only courageous act you need to make if you want to look ten years younger. You must also have the courage to take the necessary actions. We’ve shown you how. Now we hope to see you at Sculpt Away taking those steps!
For more information about how to look younger, contact the body shaping experts at Sculpt Away in San Antonio at 210-227-3051 or visit www.SculptAway.com.