San Antonio Chemical Peel – Bring Back that Glow
Physician-prescribed chemical peel reduces or even eliminates acne, age spots, wrinkles, freckles & acne scarring. If you have 5-7 days to devote to a truly corrective facial peel, VI Peel should be your first choice.
This is a painless peel – NO stinging!
Peel away those damaged layers, and you will reveal skin with a more even tone and texture.
Lines are softened, pigmentation reduced, and pores appear tighter. Because VI Peel boosts your own collagen, even skin laxity is improved. If you’ve never done a true facial peel, you really don’t know what you are missing.
Don’t let the intimidation of peels keep you from experiencing the benefits they can provide. VI Peel can be done several times a year for optimal results!
What is a Chemical Peel?
Chemical peels are an ideal skin rejuvenation technique that focuses on removing the outer layer of the skin where damage can occur.
This damage might result from things like wrinkles, sun damage, scars, and acne.
The face peeling treatment can be applied to multiple parts of the body, including the neck, hands, and face, resulting in an even tone and smooth skin texture. It leaves behind a noticeable and natural skin glow.
There Are Different VI Peel Types:
- A deep chemical peel: While they come with the most risk, they can be used in treating blotchy areas, sun damage, scars, and pre-cancerous growth. It involves pre-treating the skin’s layers with Vitamin-A. An anesthetic can also be administered for the procedure.
- A medium chemical peel: used to treat uneven skin color, acne scars, and deeper wrinkles. It involves treating the top and upper-middle skin layers.
- A light chemical peel: It is best used for dry skin, uneven pigmentation, acne, and fine wrinkles. This procedure only targets the outer skin layer and is meant for mild cases.
The treatment type you choose will affect both the chemical peel price and overall results. Our team will assess your specific needs before choosing the perfect procedure for you.
Before VI Peel:
After VI Peel
Who Is The Right Candidate For A VI Chemical Peel?
Before we can determine if you are the right candidate for the chemical skin peel procedure, we will need to conduct an assessment.
The assessment involves evaluating the color of your hair and skin, identifying any pigmentation issues, and establishing any reactions to chemicals.
We also make sure that there aren’t any untreated skin infections in the target area. You will need to discuss your specific goals with us, such as reducing age spots, mitigating mild wrinkles and fine lines, improving skin tone and texture, and alleviating acne scars.
Some skin types are not ideal for chemical face peel. For starters, dark complexions are prone to the risk of permanent or temporary color change or uneven skin tone.
If you have deep wrinkles or sagging skin, your skin might not respond well to the skin peeling treatment. Lastly, there is some medication that could be a deterrent for the procedure, such as acne and hormone treatments.
What Does The Average Chemical Peel Procedure Look Like?
Once you choose the ideal chemical peel for your specific skin type, we will cleanse the target area. Thoroughly.
- We will then decide on the strength of the chemical solution your skin needs.
- Generally, a stronger chemical solution is ideal for deeper peels.
- The next step is to apply one or more chemical solutions to the target area before being left for as long as needed, which mainly depends on the depth of the peel.
- If you experience any burning or stinging sensation during this time, we can administer some pain medication.
- After the appropriate time has passed, we will rinse and neutralize the target area.
- The last step is to soothe and moisturize the delicate skin, especially if you have a deeper peel.
What to Know About Results and Recovery
The recovery process from the VI peel procedure takes a week or two, depending on the kind of peel you received. During this time, the peeled areas could feel sunburnt, with peeling and flaking occurring combined with some swelling as the skin heals.
You might need to take some painkillers and rest from certain activities if you receive a deep peel. This is because your skin will be sensitive, and the risk of it getting infected is high.
Your skin is meant to keep harmful material outside your body, and the fact that chemical peels are foreign could result in scarring and infection if you aren’t careful enough.
With careful treatment, the wound that occurs during body chemical peel can be healed easily, as long as you follow all the steps we suggest.
Results from the procedure will vary with the kind of peel performed and the number of chemical peels done. When healed, your skin should look smooth and radiant, with a new skin layer replacing the old one. For optimal results, be sure to compliment your chemical peel treatment with a medical-grade skin care regimen.
Feel free to check out our VI Peel Pre & Post Care Instructions to learn more. You can also check out our affordable face beauty medical service in San Antonio.