Bridal Beauty Tips
Date: November 6, 2015
There’s so much to do to plan your wedding—who’s got time to think of beauty? We do! Here’s your guide to looking fabulous in time for your big day!
12 months before
- Start paying attention to your nutrition. Bad food habits and too much caffeine mixed with wedding planning stress can transform a bride-to-be into a Bridezilla. The solution? Nutraceutical daily pack for essential beautifying vitamins and minerals
- If you don’t already, start exercising. A few sessions with a trainer may help you to jump-start your routine and lose weight. Practice yoga; the postures build strength and are great tension relievers as well. You’ll look great, feel better, and feel less stressed out. Check out our current Sculpt-fit schedule.
- Begin laser hair removal treatment on your underarms or any other areas. Speaking from experience, you don’t want 5 o’clock shadows in your bridal photos. – See pricing in our à la carte section
5-6 months before
- Begin a stress-relief regimen. Reserve at least one night a week for some non-wedding fun or quiet time to regroup. – Try the salt room!
- Want to grow out your hair or try a new color or cut? Talk to your stylist and start experimenting now. – Check out “Got Hair Color Salon!” Call 210-525-9550 for an appointment.
- Get serious about skin care: Start a good cleansing and moisturizing program, and consider making appointments for monthly facials. – We’ll recommend exactly what you need.
- If you would like to lose weight before your wedding, we offer weight loss programs designed to help you meet your weight-loss goals before your dress fittings begin. Once fittings are underway, you’ll need to maintain your weight. We can help you with that too!!
3-4 months before
- Make consultation appointments with potential makeup artists. Be sure to take pictures, then analyze them. Do your features stand out? Do you look like you’re wearing a mask? – We recommend Kristel Sustaita. She holds monthly makeup workshops at Sculpt Away.
- Want to experiment with self-tanners? Now’s the time. Consider the neckline of your gown, and whether you have existing tan lines you’ll need to cover.
1-2 months before
- Get an ultrasonic facial. Don’t risk an allergic reaction close to your wedding day.
- Want a sparkling big-day smile? Cut down on tea and coffee now and try whitening toothpaste. You may also want to consider professional bleaching by a dentist, or using an over-the-counter whitening system.
2 weeks before
- Get your final haircut or trim. No experimenting here, just stick to the look you love. – See Sonia at “Got Hair Color Salon”
- Remember to eat right. Load up on fruits and veggies for energy, and nix the salt and fat.
- Exfoliate and moisturize – Get a contour body wrap with an ultrasonic facial.
- Drink lots of water to help keep your skin clear and glowing.
- Keep up the exercise, exercise, exercise, for your body and spirit.
- Confirm big-day beauty appointments.
1 week before
- Avoid overindulging in salty snacks and alcohol at those fab pre-wedding parties.
- Splurge on a massage – See our massage schedule.
- Get a final ultrasonic facial and contour body wrap. Don’t wait until the day before to do this. Your face may need a day or two to get back to normal.
1 day before
- Drink lots of water. Have we made it clear that you will need plenty of hydration?
- Pack an emergency beauty kit of items you shouldn’t leave home without.
- Deep-condition your hair.
- Exfoliate your skin with a favorite product you’ve used before…now is NOT the time to try something new…and gleam on your wedding day.
- Have a professional pedicure and manicure (especially since everyone’s going to be checking out that ring).
- Take a long, relaxing bath.
On Your Wedding Day
- Be sure to eat something. This is not a day to operate on an empty stomach.
- Get your hair and makeup done. Wear a robe or button-down shirt (one that matches the color of your gown, if possible, to get the right makeup color application) that can be easily removed.
- Take a few moments to reflect on the meaning of the day before giving yourself one last once-over in the mirror. Now go through the most memorable day of your lifetime!