Does Better Sleep Lead to Weight Loss?
Research done by the National Sleep Foundation shows that most adults need at least seven hours of sleep a night, with some people requiring up to nine.
Too little sleep increases the hormone that stimulates your appetite and lowers the hormone that tells your brain you’re satisfied. The result? If you don’t get enough sleep, you actually feel more hungry and crave comfort foods high in fat and carbs.
How do you “turn the day off” between the obligations of your job and your family and get the sleep you need?
Steps to take for better sleep, and better numbers on the scale:
- Create a peaceful bedtime ritual like listening to soothing music, meditating or soaking in a warm tub
- Work in a little exercise into your day
- Drink a nightcap of herbal tea, like Chamomile or Valerian
- Avoid alcohol at bedtime, which may help you drift off but interferes with quality sleep
- Make sure your bedroom is cool, dark, comfortable and free from electronics
- Supercharge your sleep with sleep enhancement supplements like Slender Sleep®, which promotes a deeper, more satisfying sleep while simultaneously decreasing body fat & building muscle mass
Too little sleep for too long? Need to lose weight fast?
For more information about losing weight, contact the body shaping experts at Sculpt Away in San Antonio at 210-227-3051 or visit www.SculptAway.com.